Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What You've Been Waiting For





Anyone who knows Rex and Nellie from Port Aransas would be amazed to know that not only does Nellie attend Pot Luck Dinners at the Wild Cherry Park, she organizes them. I asked if she and Rex would eat with us on Wed. and almost dropped my teeth when she told me that they can't, it was pot luck night. Knock me over with a feather. And let me tell you, the food was very, very fine. The park provided spare ribs for the meat course. Nellie made her famous sweet potato casserole and also an excellent broccoli dish. But for me nothing is better than sweet potatoes. There was a lettuce salad with strawberries and almonds that was wonderful. Will have to try to find a recipe like it.


FYI the difference between a pot luck dinner here and in Port A has something to do with cats ....

No comments: