Monday, May 11, 2009

A Happy Mother's Day



Steff came up for Mother's Day Weekend, and we had a lot of fun. First, on Saturday, my dear neighbor Marty and I went to Clare to mosey around. Went through some shops and had lunch at Herrick House. We both chose sloppy joes for lunch. They were excellent, home made and tasted like 12 hours in the crock pot. Also homemade potato salad. Then we split a Chocolate Silk piece of pie. Very yummy. Then to the grocery store. A very successful lady's day out.
When I got home Steff was watching TV with Dad. We had a nice afternoon and then we went to Ruckles for dinner. Philly Cheese steak subs. Roger stopped in and ate our leftovers on his way home to Grayling. Had been working at son Chris's house in Shepherd. Then on Sunday I made Steff a loaf of bread and also made Roma's Carrot Cake. Very easy and dark brown yummy, I made a half recipe. Why tempt myself into a coma? Then we went to Bob's Bar for dinner. I had the fresh lake perch, Steff had chicken and Paul a cheeseburger. Everyone was happy. There was quite a crowd in Bob's. Guess word of the Mom's Broasted Chicken special had spread! It was Half price for moms.
Steff loves to kayak and took two rides in Brenda's kayak. It was only in the 50s but she had to get out on the lake. Said there were a dozen little, bitty burger sized turtles sunning at the end of the lake.
I had nice talks with my older daughters on the phone too. Everyone was having a nice day. Katie keeps me updated about her husband's fight with poison ivy. Vodka is the new cure for that rash. New York is full of poison ivy. Andrea has cute stories about Julia and Charlie, who just turned four on Friday. Julie's 5 year old daughter, Anna, had news that her mommy is having another baby in November, for her birthday! So pretty much a perfect Mother's Day for me.

No comments: