Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wow Mall

Our last day in NY I went with Julie and Katie to the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlet. Yes, it was premium and excellent people watching. People come from NYC to shop and apparently from around the world. It seems like everyone was speaking a foreign language. Katie told me thre would be people dragging their big suitcases on wheels around, they filled them with bargains to fly home with. Very efficient.

The Prada store had a burly guard posted at the door giving everyone the eye, or maybe he was the guard for all the rich Arabs monopolizing a back room. No price tags on anything. There was a clearance sale in the Coach store, a near riot. Foreign men had arms full of bags, to resell on E Bay. Julie said they are not allowed to purchase more than a couple. It was a good sale, just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Which sums up the whole mall for me, it wasn't me. I live in Clare and a little redneck island in south Texas. Fancy clothes don't fit me, my body type is cheap ass. The way I spill food on myself, it is just as well.

It was, however, very fun to look in the stores! My favorite store was Theory (I think that's the name, started with a T). Just quirky enough to be interesting, yet normal styles you could wear to work, lovely fabrics, mid price.

A few interesting stores, Joe's Jeans, Versace, Dior, Belenciaga, Betsey Johnson, Juicy Couture, Saxs, Salvatore Ferragamo, True Religion Brand Jeans, Valentino. And hundreds more. Julie saw a dress she liked that was chained to the wall and $3,000, it was 70% off. Don't know how she passed it by.

After we left we split some great Italian food, a delicious mushroom thing in white sauce, and a chicken, artichoke pizza.

On Saturday night Katie and Mark ordered amazing Italian food from the Hidden Cellar Restaurant in Marlborough. We had Rigatoni Bolognese - baked rigatoni with tomato sauce, meatballs, mozzarella, Romano and parmesan cheese, Penne alla Vodka - plum tomatoes sauteed in garlic, olive oil fresh basil and tossed with penne pasta in a vodka tomato cream sauce. Rigatoni Buttera - rigatoni tossed with Italian sausage, green peas,and tomato cream sauce and my favorite Spaghetti Vernicola - Italian sausage, mushrooms, proscuitto, garlic and herbs sauteed in olive oil and tossed with spaghetti in pecorino romano cream sauce. Looking for a likely recipe, it was delicious.

Sunday Katie and Mark made a wonderful meal - grilled steak and salmon, salt potatoes, etc, all excellent. And an ice cream cake for Helen's birthday. It was a very fun day.


No comments: