Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chillin' While Grillin' Foodie Report


We have been enjoying a grill frying pan since we got home this spring. Julie had a metal basket type of pan that we used in Kansas. Andrea and I were browsing in the TJ Maxx store in South Bend and found several types of grill pans on an end cap. I chose one that has a folding handle and is copper with holes in the bottom and sides the size of a pencil eraser. Paul has been using it to grill vegetables and they have turned out excellent. Much easier to prepare and cook than kabobs and the food is more evenly cooked.

This week I found some very cheap little steaks at the local market. I marinated them for several hours in Dale's Steak Seasoning, Reduced Sodium, my favorite all around marinade and now available at Super Walmart!! I also prepared asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, green peppers and onion for stir fry and marinated it in Dale's. Paul grilled them to perfection while I made fried rice. We sliced the beef on the diagonal and layered it on the rice and veggies. Excellent, and just as good reheated the next day. No oil added to the marinade so healthy too and 4 big servings for less than $1 each. And my kitchen was clean and Paul did most of the cooking! Win Win Win

Williams Sonora sent me an email touting a meatball griller gadget for $50. It was hinged metal, two piece with pierced semi circles on each side. Make the balls, put them in the holes, shut the two sides together and throw on the grill. I think I will try meatballs in my handy $7 pan instead. That must be a bitch to clean.

No comments: