Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Southern Shopping Swing

Had mixed results shopping yesterday. The Hancock fabric is being remodeled and didn't have a lot of fabric. However, Toledo has a very nice Steinmart Store. Talented buyers. They had five different styles of chairs that I loved for the game table in the living room. All in a soft red with bluer undertones. So it goes very well with the navy fabrics. I chose the parsons style, I love them. The fabric is a brushed microfiber. Also found matching pillows. They were quite cheap so a good way to decide if I like the whole concept.

Today we are going up to Ann Arbor to Home Goods, looking for a table, and JoAnn ECT. for curtain fabric. I have two plans to make it work. Surely one will be doable.

We are going to nap lunch at the deli that was featured on Oprah's top ten sandwiches show recently. I think the name is Zingermans. Or Blimpy's, featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Sadly, our favorite coney dog place was demolished for a new Costco. We went to a new place that was rumored to be the same, totally not. The hot dogs were good Michigan dogs, the sauce was ok. Cyndi, Sher and I shared an order of coney cheese fries, and left half the order. The fries were limp and greasy. Cyndi had a serious digestive melt down. bummer

No comments: