Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, Dark and Early

  1. After a beautiful sunny week, we are having a rainy, cold and dreary weekend. Fire in the fireplace and soup on the stove weather. Paul and I got so much done outside this week, leaves, flower gardens, packing, he even has the golf cart in the trailer.

    On Monday, Diana and I met in Mt. P and shopped and lunched. I made a big start on my Xmas shopping. It was fun, nothing like a girlfriend shopping day. On Friday Shirley and I took a road trip to Canadian Lakes, about an hour drive. She had to go to a cabinet shop. It was a pretty drive with all the lakes and hills and huge houses. We ate lunch at Tullymore Golf Course, between Hamlet and Camelot. Much speculation on the "interesting" names. The restaurant was quite luxe and our sandwiches were good.

    Saturday night Al and Joann Roy drove up to the lake, we visited and snacked and drank. They just celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary but we will be gone before their party. So we had our own little celebration. They are fun and we always enjoy going out with them. We drove to Buck's Run Golf Course for dinner, it is near Oil City. We saw lots of deer along the way but they all behaved and stayed off the roads. Ate the spinach dip appetizer, very good, and I had lake perch, everyone else had ribs.

    Bathroom pics soon. Shane is moving right along with it. The lights around the mirror are up. He spent a lot of time in the hole this week being technical. I really love the shower. I feel like I am in a Roman Bath.

I just looked out the window and it is snowing, real snow, blowing from the west, not little ice balls. Man. Time to leave the state.

No comments: