Saturday, February 28, 2009

Old Mexico

Mexico was safe, but very, very hot. Like 95 degrees with a good breeze. I was sweating, I never sweat. We rode down with James and Roma. James had a dentist appointment.

I had a lot of fun. I got an omega necklace and three "drops" to put on it. A pear shaped amber, a silver shell and silver star fish. It isn't real silver but it is real shiny. My friends bought them last year and they still look nice. I also got a very nice Dolce & Gabbana bag and wallet. The wallet is bright yellow and the drawstring bag is stripes of yellow, orange, green and pink. It is nicely made. All my favorite summer colors and cheap. Roma bargains hard.

Two weeks ago there was trouble along the Texas Border. Drug Czars were paying Mexicans to riot in 3 border towns, closing down the bridges. One was McAllen. The next day several of our friends went down, not knowing what was going on. The Border Patrol asked them not to go over, said that they were throwing grenades the day before. They went anyway and it was busy and peaceful. Progresso, where we always go, has a strong military presence. We felt safe.

No comments: