Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shopping in Corpus Christi

The more I shop in Corpus Christi, the more I like that town. We left at 7 am on Friday as I needed to have some blood word done at Quest Lab. That is where BCBS says we have to go if they are paying for it. Was very surprised to find 6 Quest listings in the phone book. There is even a lab in Rockport. They techs were very nice and even remembered my phone call during the week. Texans, for sure.

We ate breakfast at Taco Cabana. Felt queasy all day. Had to eat fast. It was fast. Good ice tea. So I hit Target, Hobby Lobby, and we both went to Academy. Love that store, sells sporting goods. Excellent selection of clothing and shoes. The store brand Magellen, is like the Columbia fishing clothing line, only a quarter of the cost. We both got shoes, tennies and Treads flip flops for me and sandels for Paul.

Got groceries at HEB on the way out of town in Flour Bluff. Excellent as usual. Found their store brand of instant oatmeal, labeled Heart Healthy Whole Grain Oatmeal, no sugar added. It is pretty good. So hard to find low sugar foods with healthy carbs. I don't know how poor people with little education can figure out how to eat when they have diabetes. It is a challenge for anyone. Free sample this week of spaghetti, beef roast and tomatoes with chilies. PDG.

No comments: